Educating Construction Professionals
The complete set of Florida Commerical Pool and Spa Contractor exam books includes all references required for the Commerical Pool and Spa Trade Exam and the Business & Finance Exam, both of which must be passed in order to obtain a Florida Commerical Pool and Spa Contractor License.
Book Rental $295
Book Purchase $1,695
Business & Finance Exam Preparation Course:
CEI | 5016 Calle Minorga | Sarasota, FL 34242 | (800) 423-7058
Spring Hill Suites by Marriott | 5828 Hazeltine National Drive | Orlando, FL 32822 | (407) 816-5533
Miami (Doral), FL
CEI Training Center | 7955 NW 12th St, Ste. 203 | Doral, FL 33126 | (800) 423-7058
A "commercial pool/spa contractor" means a contractor whose scope of work involves, but is not limited to:
• the construction, repair, and servicing of any swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, including the repair or replacement of existing equipment or the installation of new equipment, as necessary;
• the layout, excavation, operation of construction pumps for dewatering purposes, steelwork, installation of light niches, construction of floors, guniting, fiberglassing, installation of tile and coping, installation of all perimeter and filter piping, installation of all filter equipment and chemical feeders of any type, plastering of the interior, construction of decks, construction of equipment rooms or housing for pool equipment, and installation of package pool heaters; and
• includes the scope of work of a swimming pool/spa servicing contractor.
• A "commercial pool/spa contractor" cannot perform direct connections to a sanitary sewer system or to potable water lines.
• The installation, construction, modification, or replacement of equipment permanently attached to and associated with the pool or spa for the purpose of water treatment or cleaning of the pool or spa requires licensure; however, the usage of such equipment for the purposes of water treatment or cleaning shall not require licensure unless the usage involves construction, modification, or replacement of such equipment.
In order to become licensed, you must meet the following qualifications.
(a) – Is 18 years of age,
(b) – Is of good moral character, and
(c) – Meets eligibility requirements according to one of the following criteria:
Step 1. Purchase or rent the books you will need to take the licensing exam. The exam is open book and you are allowed to bring the state approved reference books to the exam with you.
Step 2. Register for your Florida commercial pool/spa contractor trade knowledge exam and business and finance exam. We can help you with your exam registration - telephone CEI at: 800-423-7058. If you are confident with the required registration process and steps then you can register through Professional Testing Inc. at: www.floridaexam.com.
Step 3. Prepare for the licensing exams. You must pass both the technical trade knowledge exam and the business & finance exam to receive your license. We recommend that you sign up for our online or live business & finance exam preparation course to prepare for the business & finance exam, especially if you are not very familiar with accounting and construction business law.
Step 4. Take and pass both exams.
Step 5. Mail the license application with your passing exam scores to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. You will receive your license within approximately 60 days after submitting the completed application.
For detailed information please visit the State of Florida website.
The Applicant will be required to pass 2 separate exams with a score of 70% or higher.
Both exams are open-book, multiple-choice, and timed.
Reference books should be brought to both open book exams. Permanent book tabs and highlighting in books is allowed for the examinations.
The Business and Finance Examination consists of 120 questions. Candidates are allowed 6 ½ hours (390 minutes) of time to complete the examination.
The trade knowledge exam consists of 80 questions. Candidates are allowed 5 hours (300 minutes) of time to complete the examination.
Applicants will need to get familiar with all of their exam books. Applicants must know how to properly read the test questions and quickly locate the answers. Knowing which books to use for each content area is essential to passing the exam. A quality exam preparation class is the best way to prepare for the exam. Most candidates are comfortable with the trade knowledge exam material, but need additional preparation for the business & finance exam material.
100% One Year Course Guarantee
Students receive access to their course for a full year from the date of their registration!
Exam Reference Books Rental
The licensing exams are open book exams. You must bring the books with you to your exams. Books can be rented from CEI for $295 plus a refundable deposit. The deposit will be refunded in full provided the books are returned to CEI in good condition within six months of the original rental date. If you prefer, you may purchase the books. The business and finance exam books will be tabbed and highlighted if you purchase an online or live business and finance course. The trade exam books are not tabbed or highlighted.
Commercial Pool/Spa Contractor Exam Book Set (Includes Trade Knowledge and Business & Finance Reference Books):