Exam Reference Books Rental Agreement
This rental agreement is a contract between you and CEI of America, Inc. ("CEI") and applies to your rental of reference books from us. This agreement sets forth your rights and obligations and should be read carefully. By clicking "Proceed to Checkout" at the point of sale, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement. You agree this agreement is legally binding as between you and CEI. For questions regarding this agreement, please contact CEI at (800) 423-7058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You agree to pay CEI a rental fee and a deposit. Paying the rental fee entitles you to use the rental materials for a limited period of six months and only for personal, non-commercial, and non-transferable use. Rental fees are non-refundable. Deposits are refundable, provided all rental materials are returned to CEI in salable condition on or before the rental return date. The rental return date is the date which is six months after the books are delivered to you.
- Returns shipped via UPS, USPS or other carriers must be received by CEI on or before the rental return date. You are responsible for any cost involved in returning the books to CEI. CEI is not responsible for reminding you of the rental return date and is not responsible for damage or loss of materials by the carrier.
- Salable condition will be determined by CEI in our sole discretion, but generally means book spine intact, without excessive damage or any liquid damage to the cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, and no writing on the cover or inside pages. Highlighting and underlining in pen in the materials is permitted.
- If the rented materials are not returned to CEI in salable condition by the rental return date you will forfeit your deposit. In this case the deposit will become the property of CEI and the rental materials will become your property. If you wish, you may choose to keep the rental materials at the end of the rental period in exchange for forfeiting your deposit. No additional charge other than your deposit will be incurred should you elect to keep the rental materials.
- If the rental materials are delivered in Florida, sales tax applies to both the rental fee and the deposit. The sales tax charged on the deposit will be refunded at the time the deposit is refunded. Sales tax charged on the rental fee is non-refundable.